Re: Paltalk client for Ubuntu

On 2/2/2011 1:03 AM, Christon74 wrote:
Hello. I am new to Ubuntu. I have downloaded Wine in the hope that it could help run PALTALK with Ubuntu. I have downloaded the PALTALK install, but Wine systematically refuses to open it.... apparently for security reasons.
The Palltalk install is an 'exe' file.
Now some people say that you cannot run Paltalk with Ubuntu, while others post videos showing you that YOU CAN! This is really confusing.
Now if somebody can explain me how to do this (like I am a 4 year old).....

HI. I am an Ubuntu user and new at Linux. I tried to install PALTALK a few months ago and got nothing. Wine did not initialize the webcam. Also tried Icuii, iSpQ, Yahoo messenger .Had good dialog with the techs here and I guess the problem is that Linux does not yet accept the webcams in these programs. Check http:// bugs.winehq.org and check out bug # 16147. I made a number of comments there and hopefully someday Wine will be able to get these video conferencing programs to work. It will take time I'm told.                   Bob