Re: Instalation and Uninstall Issues

On 2/1/11 8:07 PM, richardscoat83 wrote:
I recently installed ventrilo into Linux Mint Julia. I accidentally used the wrong version and tried to uninstall, for some reason it now acts as though there is a current installation that requires a repair or modification, when i attempt either the program gives me an error message and freezes. My question is how do I completely wipe this program from my computer. I have tried to manually find the files and delete them but that hasnt solved the issue. I have also tried to reinstall wine without effect.
Thanks for the help

If Ventrilo is the only program installed you can just delete and recreate the Wine 'Fake' Windows directory that should reside in the user's home directory by issuing the following command:

[code]

rm -rf $HOME/.wine

[/code]

Then you can install the correct version by running Ventrilo's installer.

James McKenzie