Re: wine-users Digest, Vol 66, Issue 120

Could you be more specific. If I need to make a connection to localhost then I am really confused. This is my first shot at wine so don't expect much in the way of knowledge from this end. All I was trying to do was pull up the wine configuration (menu?) and set the screen definition. Also, from the error message, it appears that there should be a system tray on the screen. If I minimize AutoCad all I get is a blue screen and an AutoCad button in the lower left corner of the screen.

On 01/30/2011 04:39 PM, wine-users-request@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
When running winecfg I get:
>  No protocol specified
>  No protocol specified
>  No protocol specified
>  No protocol specified
>  No protocol specified
>  No protocol specified
>  No protocol specified
>  Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
>  Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set
>  correctly.
>  err:systray:initialize_systray Could not create tray window
>  Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
>  Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set
>  correctly.
>
>  echo $DISPLAY returns :0
You need more than this.  Are you trying to connect to the localhost,
then try export DISPLAY=localhost:0.0

Then try running Wine again.

James McKenzie