Re: wine on mac os x and x11

On 1/21/11 11:39 PM, Jon Christopher wrote:
I have a console-only windows application which I'd like to run on OS
X.  It runs, but insists on starting X11 every
time I invoke wine, even though all the app does is write to a file.
According to the the documentation
at http://www.winehq.org/site/docs/wineusr-guide/cui-programs, wine
should not require X11 for CLI programs.

I've also tried invoking via wineconsole with no effect.

Is it possible to run a CLI program on Mac OS X w/o wine starting X11?
Short answer: NO. There is NO such thing as a Windows CLI program btw. They all require starting the Windowing system in some fashion or another. However, you CAN try using DOSBOX or something like it and try running the program there. Otherwise you will have to use X11.

James McKenzie