Re: Problem to install MSI file

On 1/20/11 1:27 PM, hernan1111 wrote:
Hi everybody!

I am brand new in this forum and i hope you can help me on this one.  :)

I could install wine without problems on my ubuntu 10.04.

When i am trying to install an msi file with the following command

wine msiexec /i nameOfMsifile.msi
Need way more information than what is being provided to help you.

One:  What is the name of the program you are trying to install?
Two: Does this program come with an installer that will do the msi call for you? Three: What version of Wine are you using? (hint: Terminal -> [code] wine - version [/code] will get it for you.)
i get the following error message

err:msidb:load_string_table string table load failed! (00293503 != 00133503)

Looks like corruption in the string table for the msi or we are not retrieving enough or too many strings.

James McKenzie