Re: ppc powermac G5 wine to open Cubase.exe

On 1/18/11 8:34 AM, Kelytha wrote:
This is almost exactly what I have said a few posts above. Then Kubonit asked about Wine for Mac in general. And that one does exist and works well as far as I know.

Ok. Yes, Wine does exist for the Intel Mac series and I use it everyday. I highly recommend visiting the Wine Applications Database before attempting to install any program into it. Some programs work very well when used with Linux but do not on Macs due to Apple's broken X11. The solution is to get and install XQuartz, the latest release version, in most cases.

James McKenzie