Re: ppc powermac G5 wine to open Cubase.exe

On 1/18/11 7:31 AM, Kelytha wrote:
It exists: http://wiki.winehq.org/MacOSX

I hate to break this to you, but the project is abandonware and has been for some time. I work with one of the developers of a Wine product and he had taken up this project and after determining there was little or no demand, dropped it.

If you want to, you to can pick up the project and start working on it where they left off. Wine 0.9.27 is about four years or more old and that was the last version the project got to work with any reasonable level of success.

Yes, Wine should still build on the PowerPC platform and it will run. However, to run x86 programs on it, you need an x86 processor emulator. Note the comment about byte-swapping. This is one of the reasons the project was abandoned.

James McKenzie