Diablo 1 on Mac OS X

I have a problem with the directdraw for diablo 1 on my mac.  I have read through a few topics but can't seem to find the answer to my question.  Also I have looked at the app in appdb but the help given there is not for mac.  I have tried to do what it says but it seems like it doesn't work on my computer.  I am new to wine by the way.  If anyone can help me can they write out what to do in clear easy to understand steps?