Games don't open

I've just tried to install Football Manager 2011 with steam. Everything is going great until i try to open the exe file. There comes no window or anything visible, but i can see in the job manager that it is running in background. I have tried the same thing with Far Cry and Civ 4.

Can anybody tell me why??

I am running Ubuntu 10.04 64 bit, my computer is a Core i5 with Geforce 240 GT GPU.