Re: Does Wine supports Microsoft Visual C# 2008?

On 12/21/10 8:58 PM, John Drescher wrote:
On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 10:52 PM, James McKenzie
<jjmckenzie51@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>  wrote:
On 12/10/10 1:41 AM, Business Kid wrote:
AFAIK, it does for some programs. The recommended procedure is

winetricks vcrun2008

I think the OP was trying to install the full Visual Studio 2008 package to
build programs with.  I don't know if this will work in Wine or not and
there is no Applications Database entry for this product.  The OP is welcome
to try and do so and report back what does/does not work.

I believe there was once a test for this in winetricks but it did not
work so it was pulled. VS2005 works somewhat. There is the express
version and enterprise trial. I know that these work for C++
development but I have not tried any .NET stuff since I do only native
application development.

VS 2005 was able to build some .NET programs. However, I still recommend Mono vice VS.

James McKenzie