Re: Victoria II Play Failure - Encountered Serious Problems. . .

Well, the video plays better (perfect but for one or two snags), but that may just be because of a fresh reboot.

The game crashes in exactly the same way after the video.

I can provide debug output if you can help me figure out how to input the stuff into terminal.

I know I'm going for: c:\Program Files\Paradox Interactive\Victoria 2\v2game.exe

Also, this may be because I have a widescreen monitor, but my video is a broad band which still shows what's "underneath" on the top and bottom. Though this would imply the video is widerscreen than mine, since the video doesn't look remotely distorted.