Mass Effect 2 bug 23135

Hello. I am wondering if anyone is playing Mass Effect 2 with the latest wine, (patched or otherwise) and if so, are you using a dual core cpu? Mine is an AMD am2 6000+, and I have trouble with bug 23135, Mass Effect 2 hangs/crashes after Sheppard is reanimated.

Dan Kegel is thinking of closing the bug under suspicion that it's a game glitch, now a wine problem, and some posts on the bioware forums seem to back him up. I am thinking of upgrading to an AM3 955, but first I'd like to know if it'll have any effect at all. Also, I am running an NVIDIA 260 video card, and Ubuntu 10.10 64 bit.

Thanks. I'd post on the Bioware or Lucasarts forums, but as soon as you mention linux, well...