General quad SLI performance issues

I was having trouble finding information on this issue. It doesn't seem that too many Linux users use quad sli? My native apps (such as Unigine Heaven, tropics, etc) work great with quad sli turned on, but wine apps do not and I have to run them on one gpu to be playable. Ive tweaked the SLI mode to every possible combination and played with the driver settings too. is sli not yet supported by wine or is something else amiss? thanks for the help..