Re: WoW Error. failed to find a suitable display device (ubuntu)

On 11/14/2010 05:41 PM, Mobidoy wrote:
Wine was updated to 1.3 on Ubuntu this morning and now, every time I start WoW I get the message:

WoW Error. failed to find a suitable display device

Note that it always work before. Any clue ?

Uninstall then reinstall your video driver, even if it is with the same version. Many times an update to wine or to your kernel will cause the driver to flake and a reinstall usually fixes it. There may be other issues, but that is usually the best place to start.