Re: wow.exe Wont Run in Wine 1.2.1

On 11/3/10 8:30 AM, avantus wrote:
Many months ago, my machine ran WoW 3.x flawlessly. Now however, with Linux, it wont run at all. I am using Wine 1.2.1 and WoW 4.0.1 installed fine with the downloader, and the launcher runs without a hitch (although the "play" button won't appear once in a while). But once the Launcher program attempts to run the wow.exe, I get nothing. No game, no error message.

Here's my Config.wtf file by the way:

SET locale "enUS"
SET patchlist "enUS.patch.battle.net:1119/patch"
SET hwDetect "0"
SET gxApi "OpenGL"
SET gxRefresh "60"
SET gxMultisampleQuality "0.000000"
SET gxFixLag "0"
SET gxApi "opengl"
SET ffxDeath "0"
SET ffxGlow "0"
SET gxWindow "1"

And when I attempt to run wow.exe through the terminal with ~$ wine "c:/program files/world of warcraft/wow.exe" here's what it spits back at me:

Code:
err:module:attach_process_dlls "opengl32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\program files\\world of warcraft\\wow.exe" failed, status c0000005

Thank you for all of the information, but this is the main clue. You need to re-initialize your Wine directory structure.

Can you either move aside or delete your $HOME/.wine directory and then install WoW again?

James McKenzie