Re: will darwine a big threats to bill gates? or a big helper?

On 10/24/10 6:26 AM, DaVince wrote:
Darwine? Wasn't that project abandoned years ago?
Mike Kronenberg and others (among them me) tried to revive this project. However, it proved to be to broken to continue. Mike moved on to WineBottler and I've moved onto working on richedit functions that are missing from Wine.

Darwine basically is a DEAD project and should remain so, as the x86 emulator crawled on my PowerBookG4 and was only acceptable on the higher end G5 systems. Now that Apple has moved to Intel based processors, Wine will build and run under both the MacPorts and Fink projects (I use the latter and many Wine/MacOSX users use the former.)

James McKenzie