LOTRonline - blank window at launch

When I launch the pylotro launcher for Lord of the Rings Online the first part works fine. I can change settings, enter my realm, user, and password information, and I can see the text in the left part of the launcher window with news and info from the website. Once I click the "login" button that launcher window goes away and I get a new window of the same size that has the title "Output" in the bar at the top and the buttons "Abort" and "Save" at the bottom right, "save" is grayed out. Where it looks like there should be something printed in the window it is just a blank white area. I do not get any error messages. If I close the window or click abort the window goes away and nothing else happens. If I let it sit, nothing happens.

I assume I am missing a font or something, but can't find a post with this problem on the appdb or anything in the instructions about needing to add fonts. I checked in my distro repos and I have all the wine font options installed. This problem was not mentioned on the page for pylotro or in the lorebook instructions for installing the game in Linux. Any ideas?

system info:
Fedora 13, 32 bit PAE
Wine 1.3.4
nvidia 6150, driver 260.19.12
game installed by copying the install files for the freeplay version from a windows box (tested - plays fine there) to my wine folder and running the install from there. no errors or crashes during install.