Re: Problem with opened sockets

 On 10/15/10 3:58 PM, DaVince wrote:
PumaMD wrote:
big thanks my problem is solved ,program is running from root 8)
You're not running Wine from root, though, right? Because that messes things up.
I think there is a mis-understanding in that you have to run ulimit -n to up the number of available files as root. Running Wine as root is not a good idea as the inherent safety of running it in userspace is diminished. It also prevents running Wine in the future as a particular user IF you ran it as sudo or as su (not su -). Running Wine as root should build the Wine 'fake' structure in root's home directory. I'll have to try this with my Linux installation.

James McKenzie