Re: Installing Directx 9.0c problem

 On 9/19/10 10:12 AM, Kowak wrote:
Hello guys :D
i'm a new comer in ubuntu ;)
i installed few days ago Wine for play Win game but i know that need Direct x to do it so i found this post : http://www.wine-reviews.net/wine-reviews/games/how-to-install-directx-in-linux-using-wine.html
Undo EVERYTHING you have done so far by deleting your Wine directory at $HOME/.wine.

Now, go to the Applications Database and look for your program. Follow the how-to to run it from there.

Why? Because there is NO need to download and install the entire directx-9c process. Yes, you MAY need individual D3D9 dll files, but not the entire package.

Also, when asking for assistance "My blah-blah-blah" program, like you REALLY need to hide it. Give us more information:

I am running Linux Distribution (insert distribution name here) version (version name and/or number here).

I am trying to get a Windows program (insert name here) and I am running into problem (insert problem description here). If the program terminates into the "A Serious Problem has occurred" dialog please run the program from the terminal as described in our FAQ (http://wiki.winehq.org/FAQ#run_from_terminal and #get_log).

If the log file is long (more than one screen in length) please post it to a site like pastebin.com and post the URL instead of the log file. Yes, we will go out and look at it and make suggestions on how to fix the more common errors. You may be asked to create a bug report or update and existing bug report. This is to help you let the developers know that the problem exists (we don't have the time to test every Windows program that exists) and to let the developers know which programs are affected by which bug.

James McKenzie