Re: In WineXO, how to change drive_c location?

On 09/08/2010 04:36 PM, alejol0 wrote:
Hi, people!
Because XO-1 has a little "disk" space, it will be nice if
the location of drive_c can be moved to a SD card.
Here in Uruguay, we do not have root permissions in our XO-1.
We log in as user olpc an can change permissions only in some
directories.
And can create links to files but not hard links to directories.
The SD card is mounted in /media/label_of_sd_card.

I appreciate any help.

Instead of moving just your drive_c, you can put your entire wine directory on the SD card. To do this, set the WINEPREFIX environment variable:

$ export WINEPREFIX=/media/label_of_sd_card

Then install your software as you would otherwise. Any manually created launchers should be adapted to set this environment variable as well, by using the command

env WINEPREFIX=/media/label_of_sd_card wine ...

PleegWat