Re: When rebuilding new 1.3 version, uninstall first?

Kurtosis wrote:
Thanks. I installed it using winedir/tools/wineinstall, as the Wine 1.3 README instructs. Are you expected to use 'make uninstall' to uninstall that? Or something else?
There doesn't seem to be any uninstall code in the tools/wineinstall source, but just want to verify b/f I go and do something wrong that leaves some file fragments lying around that get mixed up in the new install, or whatever.

Change directories to the Wine 1.2 source code and run "make uninstall"

All the /tools/wineinstall does is:

./configure
make
make install