Re: Can I run program that needs to open a port?

JavaRat wrote:
Hello everyone,

I have to following problem (I think...).
My program I wish to run (http://www.fujidirekt.se/fotobok/FujiDirektSE.exe) installs perfectly. When I start the application it will try to autoupdate itself which fails due to what I suspect to be an attempt to open a connection over a port that is blocked by my Ubuntu 9.10 installtion.
If you are using Bastelle or ipfilters, then it probably is blocked. You would have to determine the source/destination port and then open the Linux firewall to allow access. This is described quite well in your distros documentation and on the web in several places (Google is your friend for this.)

James McKenzie