Re: Lucerne

David Baron wrote:
AKA, the Unified Kernel Project, out of China! This patches the linux kernel to provide windows kernel-level services in parallel to linux services and patches wine to use these rather than emulate them.
I would be very wary of this project. There are legal reasons that some things cannot be done that are legal in some areas but not others.
Anyone used, had success with this?
Worthwhile?

Patching kernels, while not for all newbies, is fairly quick and hopefully painless, at least in Debian. Patching wine is a big job. Since any wine must test on startup whether Lucerne patches and drivers are there, it might be nice if their thing got incorporated into mainline winery. Got 'em, use 'em, or else run just like now.

Been there, done that.  Patching kernels is NOT for the newbie.

Until this undergoes a legal review, I would not use this code.

The LUK project is doing what this is doing, but for all jurisdictions.

James McKenzie