Application and service running on win xp

Hi all:

I have installed Wine into Ubuntu 9.04 and when I try to run a windows application that use a Software Protection Service (a service running on windows machine visible from any machine connected to LAN) this application no start because the service is not found. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.