Re: Running WINE on VPS

jeffz wrote:
James McKenzie wrote:
dadada wrote:

Hello

Id like to know how to setup up WINE on my VPS step by step? OS : Ubuntu 10.04 32BIT

sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install xorg
sudo apt-get install wine
winecfg - then message pops out  - Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set correctly.

You have to startx before installing Wine.

James McKenzie

Either that or as the message says "make sure that $DISPALY is set correctly".  You can specify a remove X server, perhaps running on your local machine.

export DISPLAY=:10.0

Will set the DISPLAY variable to the tenth screen on the localhost. Most of the time, I use screen 0 so the following does work in Linux: export DISPLAY=:0.0

On a Mac running Leopard or later you will have to detect the Display and then echo it out. (This is just a generic comment for searches.)

James McKenzie