Re: Wine 1.2 binary for Mac OSX

On 07/21/2010 08:42 PM, ahso wrote:
Why not integrate that in Wine?
- I do a Installer.exe to give to Mac/Lin/Win users
- Users won't have to bother about each app. Like myself I'm running a dozen Win applications on Linux.

Anyway compiling a static Wine binary should be no problem?

That would be out of scope for the WINE project. Distributing a vetted version of X is not part of WINE.

Linux distributions have a much better installation method. On Debian or Ubuntu its called apt-get. On Archlinux its called pacman -S or yaourt -S. Other distributions have their own equally graceful mechanisms. Mac OS has Wineskin, or you could try Macports. The only platform that .exe installers actually apply to is the Windows platform itself. If you are already using Windows, you don't need WINE.

	Bryan