WINE cannot create a window

Hi all,

I am using WINE that I compiled in a 32bit chroot environment in 64bit
Archlinux. Following the guide located at:

http://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Install_bundled_32-bit_system_in_Arch64

I created the chroot environment, installed 32bit versions of the WINE
dependencies, and accessed WINE in the 32bit chroot from the 64bit
environment with schroot. Everything works well except when I attempt to
launch a program with WINE, I get these errors:

No protocol specified
Application tried to create a window, but no driver could be loaded.
Make sure that your X server is running and that $DISPLAY is set
correctly.

When echoed from the terminal DISPLAY = :0.0

I'm sure I'm missing something simple, but I'm not sure what it is. It
just seems like commands launched from the chroot cannot connect to X.

	Bryan