Direct X not found?!

I? trying to run Rome: Total War over steam, through wine. It used to run, and run nearly perfectly, however, with the latest release it throws a: Direct X 9 not found error! Help would be greatly appreciated, especially if I can avoid having to delete my .wine folder, because  I have SO many applications. Thanks!