Re: Avoid the Gecko dialogue

Wow, while I find this feature annoying I would never appear angry or ungrateful with the wine team...

About your solution, it works great! Thanks a lot.

To anyone interested, if you want to update a wine prefix without seeing the Gecko installing dialogue you can use:

Assuming you correctly set WINEPREFIX...

Code:

$ WINEDLLOVERRIDES="mshtml=" wineboot -u

Once done, you can alter the registry to make the dll overriding setting permanent.

If you actually want Gecko because you need html rendering you can simply use:

Code:

$ WINEDLLOVERRIDES="mshtml=" wineboot -u
$ winetricks -q gecko