Re: noob question - program won't run

Mzwo wrote:
hi,

sorry for the potentially stupid question.

I'm a little stuck. when trying to run the stupid update manager i need for my satnav, which - obviously - is windows only, nothing happens. install worked, the icon's on my desktop, it has been made executable, but after a bit of harddrive action nothing happens.
terminal says:

Code:
mzwo@mzwo-laptop:~$ env WINEPREFIX="/home/mzwo/.wine" wine "C:\Program Files\Becker\Content Manager 2\cm2.exe" fixme:actctx:parse_depend_manifests Could not find dependent assembly L"Microsoft.VC80.MFCLOC" (8.0.50608.0)
err:module:attach_process_dlls "odbc32.dll" failed to initialize, aborting
err:module:LdrInitializeThunk Main exe initialization for L"C:\\Program Files\\Becker\\Content Manager 2\\cm2.exe" failed, status c0000005
mzwo@mzwo-laptop:~$

what to do?

winetricks vcrun2005

How to get and use winetricks is explained in the Wine FAQ.

You may also need to get and run mdac28 using winetricks, if odbc32.dll is not included with your program (and I suspect it is not as it a major Windows component and is included with WindowsXP.)

James McKenzie