Wine "not found" on LiveCD

Hello everybody.
Running Debian Sid x64 based distro, Wine is 1.1.42 from WineHQ.

I get an error which reads:
bash: /usr/bin/wine: No such file or directory
every time I try to run Wine, in the LiveCD. If I install the distro to the hard disk, everything works nicely.
On the LiveCD, a ramdisk holds the filesystem, with symlinks to /usr/bin, /bin, /lib and others. In the past Wine didn't have a problem with such a setup.
(libc6 is 2.10.2-6 if this matters.)

I would appreciate instructions for installing Wine from chroot (if that's my problem.) I do mount /proc and /sys before running dpkg.

Thanks.