Re: DMCA and EU Copyright laws

jtnire wrote:
I guess a lot of my worried come from this post:

http://www.winehq.org/pipermail/wine-devel/2003-November/021991.html
Someone attempted to submit code that bypassed the DVD encyrption code. AJ (Alexandre) gave them a tongue lashing and advised that that code, nor any like it, would never be accepted into this project.

Bottom line: There is not today, tomorrow, or any time in the future, plans to deliberately put code into this project that will bypass any form of DRM. The downside is that many programs that do use DRM enforcement code will not run under Wine without a third party 'crack' program (sometimes called no-cd cracks.) This project does not encourage the use of them, but they are out there and the user should beware as some of them contain malware and basically will ruin your day.

You can feel safe that Wine code is as clean as we can get it.

James McKenzie