Re: Counter-Strike: Source on Fedora 12

Since no Fedora 12 binary exists for the latest version of wine-1.1.42 I will compile from source.

There are a lot development packages necessary for the compilation. Wine has a shell script for most distros, but unfortunately it does not support Fedora 12.

I installed the packages manually using yum, then compiled. 30 mins later...

$ echo '/usr/local/lib' >/etc/ld.so.conf.d/usr-local.conf
$ /sbin/ldconfig

Executing steam first, then launching CS:S from within steam.

This time there is no output to the console indicating the mesa errors, but the game crashed the same way, with Steam staying on.