Re: Windows API to connect UnixOdbc is not functional in Wine

On Wed, 2010-03-10 at 05:53 -0600, nithin wrote:

> I have configured Wine in Ubuntu 9.04 to use the built-in odbc32.dll
> which in turn uses the Linux's unixodbc package.
>
> When I am trying to run my windows application which actually uses
> Windows API connecting to Unix ODBC is not working.
>
> The API uses is SQLDriverConnect (), that returns me error
> [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '/usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so' file
> not found.

My guess is that you haven't installed it.

In a Fedora installation /usr/lib/libtdsodbc.so is part of the freetds
(Tabular DataStream) package. I've not installed or used it, but it
seems to be equivalent to an ODBC driver, so must be explicitly
installed.

Martin