Re: Wine on Mac: subpar experience

James McKenzie wrote:

> Do you plan on putting your code back into Wine (that is the stuff that
> is acceptable to Alexandre)?
>
> James McKenzie

I'm using stock unmodified Wine... its not what the package is for.  The only modified Wine versions I put together for people are with specific patches they find on the internet... I haven't modified anything that I've kept that would be useful to anyone in Wine.

Wineskin is just an easy way to package up a program and make a Mac app out of it, using Wine with a built in X server that handles having a Dock Icon and top menu bar and such...

Wine on OSX is such a pain because X11 sucks so bad on it.

The game worked on Wineskin because of my X11 work arounds for fullscreen and resolution switching, nothing to do with Wine itself.