Re: ntdll.dll.so: invalid ELF header

ysa wrote:
> I read on http://wiki.winehq.com/Prelink that prelink is just used to modify the base address and does not have to be active at run time.
> I found out that prelink is called the following way after ntdll.dll.so has been compiled by gcc.

Correct that's what I meant saying Wine uses it as "utility". It's a post compile operation.

ysa wrote:
> I wonder which version of prelink would be needed for Wine to compile ntdll.dll.so correctly?

It should understand 32-bit ELF files just fine. 64-bit prelink work here just fine (64-bit distro). So you don't any special version. It more looks like some bug with prelink. You might want to submit bug report to your distro.