Re: VAG-COM

On Tue, 2010-02-09 at 21:41 +0200, Gert van den Berg wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 9, 2010 at 19:05, fred44nl <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > the VAG-COM software VCDS does not find my USB-port.
> >

> I've only played with serial versions of VAG-COm...
>
> You might need to load USB-to-serial drivers, since that is likely
> what is used.... (If it actually requires a Windows driver, it might
> be too hard to run....)

IF... the device shows up as /dev/USBtty* when its plugged in you mighyt
have a chance. Hint: run "tail -f /var/log/messages" in a console window
before you plug it into the USB port and watch what scrolls up. If no
USBtty0 device appears then you've got no chance.

If a USBtty0 device appears, you might be lucky. I have a pair of
Win95/98 programs that download data from a serial device. They work
well on mobo serial ports or a multiport serial PCI card but can't see
my pfranc USB serial adapter, which works well with native Linux
programs. Some adapters apparently work with Wine but others don't.

Martin