Sound

I recently installed wine and was looking forward to contributing to the project when I noticed that sound doesn't work.

It is actually quite random, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't work and other times it has very bad quality.

How can I solve this?
And yes, I have tried a number of settings on the wine configuration and none of them seem to work.

How do I know what configuration will work.. if any?