writing binary windows registry files

Hi,

like others before (see e.g.
news://news.gmane.org:119/1259671185.m2f.35924@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
I had hoped to be able to use windows "reg.exe" to read/write windows
registry files on a linux system and found, that this does not work)
I am aware of the "offline nt registry editor"
(http://pogostick.net/~pnh/ntpasswd/), which would be mostly what I am looking for, but unfortunately lacks too many features that I need (e.g. importing regedit files into a windows registry).

Is somebody here maybe aware of any other reasonable option? I don't
think there is any other Linux program to do this, but maybe some windows program (unfortunately, for my purposes, it has to be a console application) that I could use under wine and that can directly access windows registry files?

Any ideas appreciated,
                                  Peter Daum