Re: how to disable root / filesystem access

jeffz wrote:
> vitamin wrote:
>
>> jeffz wrote:
>>
>>> It never sandboxed anything, even if you removed Z:
>>>
>> It does. Only it's not 100% foolproof. Wine does not use virtualization which is required to completely sandbox windows apps.
>>

> "sandbox" implies intentional security, is what I meant.

Wine is NOT intentionally secure.  It can and will do EVERYTHING that
the calling user can do in the base operating system.  This has been a
long subject of discussion on wine-devel in relationship to running
viruses and other malware.  If you need that level of security, you
really need to invest in:

1.  A machine that you can completely destroy (and I mean destroy as in
it will be junk when you get done.)
2.  A virtualization system that will 'sandbox' off what you are doing
from the rest of the system.

Wine is not and cannot be either of these.

James McKenzie