Using .exe switches (commands?) e.g. -w

So, for certain games using window mode is kind of essential, but I don't know exactly where I should be writing executable switches like -w for window mode or one for changing screen resolutions. How do I do it on wine? Linux doesn't treat shortcuts the same way windows does and I couldn't find any guides for that.

Thanks in advance for whatever help I can get.