Re: Need help setting up app with Mac OS X Leopard

[gulping]

Well, I like to establish that on principle, help may be offered on the issue at hand!

I got Wine from http://winebottler.kronenberg.org
I didn't know that it matters where I got it from; I thought that Wine is Wine. Period. Obviously not the case. The program is a demo for a Windows utility for engineers in Greece to calculate their fees for designing building projects (i.e. homes/ offices etc.) according to the fees laws in the country. Doubt whether anyone has even imagined there is such a thing outside Greece. It can be downloaded from here (after you provide any kind of gibberish in the 'Name' and 'email' fields, click on 'Download' on the right): http://www.insoft.gr/downloads.htm . You end up with a file called "amo683-setup.exe" which is the executable for the Fees Calculation installer on Windows.

Trouble is that under some Wine implementation on my Leopard OS X 10.5.7 Mac all greek text within the InSoft program look garbled; some env parameter of the Wine setup, I'm guessing. Mind you, I don't know the first thing about Wine.

Thanks, and apologies for the newbiness. Hope to get rid of it soon.