ati mobility X1400 being recognized as a geforce 3 card

I am running openSUSE 11.2 with gnome desktop 2.28 and wine 1.1.36 with some winetricks addons installed. Now I am fairly new to linux/wine in general, and several games, including halo and trackmania give me a dialogue box stating I have out of date drivers for my geforce 3 card, although I have an X1400 mobility. Trackmania will still run, albeit not very well, but halo crashes right after the first screen. Some games, including counter-strike do not work at all (I start the game, and nothing happens). I understand that alot of games aren't compatible with wine, and I do have a windows desktop to play them, but I like to experiment with different setups, thus my foray into linux. If anyone has an answer or can point me in the right direction, it would be most appreciated.