Re: No MIDI devices in wine

Am 03.01.2010 15:56, schrieb DaVince:
Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
And using a soft synth doesn't help, because I want to address the
MIDI hardware of my soundcard. But thanks anyway. Klaus

As I said, I believe timidity and fluidsynth actually do pick up on
your hardware MIDI capabilities when they're found. They basically
become a front-end / extra ports to access your MIDI from. Still,
you're not seeing an ALSA entry and that's exactly your problem
here.

As I wrote in another post, the absence of an ALSA entry was due to the fact that, in Fedora's packaging of wine, ALSA ist not enabled by default (which I didn't know). After installing the additional wine-alsa package, ALSA comes up in winecfg as expected.
Klaus