Re: No MIDI devices in wine [solved]

Am 02.01.2010 14:28, schrieb Klaus-Peter Schrage:
Am 01.01.2010 22:16, schrieb vitamin:
Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
In winecfg's sound tab, there is no ALSA entry at all, perhaps that
is part of the problem (I get sound in Wine through Pulseaudio).

Pulseaudio knows nothing about MIDI and can't work with it. In Wine
only ALSA backend driver supports MIDI.

Klaus-Peter Schrage wrote:
And using a soft synth doesn't help, because I want to address the
MIDI hardware of my soundcard.

You have to properly set everything up, including on the ALSA side
too.

ALSA seems to be set up properly; my soundcard (DMX6Fire) is well
supported for a long time now, and everthing works for me as expected.

But I can't get an ALSA entry in winecfg (and so there is no MIDI);
sound in wine works via pulseaudio, and if I disable pa, the only sound
driver available in wine is jack.
Klaus

I found that the Fedora packagers don't include ALSA support by default (they love Pulseaudio). Installing the additional wine-alsa package from the Fedora repository solved the problem, and now my Tonelab editor works as expected.
Klaus