Wine on MAC, Virtual Desktop Active, Background Texture??

Ok so I have this full screen app that would not run properly, I wanted it in a window any how so I could play and surf the web etc. Now I got the virtual desktop setup and everything, however for some reason X11 is painting the background as this black and white textured full screen thing and when active I cannot use any MAC OS X shortcuts besides 4 finger swiping... wondering, how do I get the windowed virtual desktop to mingle with the rest of my windows and minimize to dock, etc, like you would expect it to?

[Image: http://www.ryancalderoni.com/archive/bw_textured_bg.jpg ]