Re: Enable central installation with a global system.reg file

maslec00 wrote:
> I need to create a central installation of wine applications, which would be available for all users.  Every user installing a copy of all software into their home directory is wasteful of diskspace and a support-impossibility .

Unfortunately that's what you will have to do. Wine currently does not support multi-user installations.

At best you can share some program/data files read-only. However each user will have to have their own wineprefix directory with individual copies of the full registry.

> According to "3.2.4. System Administration Tips", if the "global" system.reg file is copied to /usr/local/etc/wine.systemreg, then that file can be used by all users.

This no longer works (for several years actually). Documentation is wrong and really needs to be updated.