Re: Blizzard and dxdiag

On 11/19/2009 10:38 AM, Jim Hall wrote:
Blizzard is trying to "help" me diagnose a login problem that I am having
with the Launcher. I'm certain that this can be laid on their doorstep, but
I have no way to "prove" it. One of the things they want is this:

Sorry, I don't know where to look for that information through Wine, or if it's even there to find. Blizzard has done helpful blueposts on the forums for Linux users before, if you can't get the information they want for official support you might try a forum post.

The launcher working is an off and on thing for Wine, but you should be able to log in just fine by skipping the launcher and starting the game from the Wow.exe instead. Just FYI - the background downloader won't work, it is going on the windows/mac boxes now so sometime in the next week or two when a big content patch lands you will have to allow time for the download or copy it from a non-Linux box that used the background downloader.