Re: Putting the c drive on an external drive

On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 00:13, douglas <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> on mount it says
> Code:
> /dev/sdb1 on /media/External type [b]fuseblk[/b] (rw,nosuid,nodev,allow_other,default_permissions,blksize=4096)

That is the filesystem yes...

FUSE is a filesystem in userspace driver, which is, amongst others
used by NTFS-3G...

Quickly Google iFuse, looks quite interesting... I'm not sure whether
it supports whatever Wine requires.

If disk space is your main concern, you can put separate directories
on the external drive and use symlinks to them. (See:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Symbolic_link#POSIX_and_Unix-like_operating_systems
) (IIRC data files have less issues with non-*nix filesystems)

Gert