Re: Lag everytime

--On Monday, November 02, 2009 05:07:23 PM -0600 warkering <wineforum-user@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi!

I'm a new user of the Ubuntu 9.10, and I'm having problem with the programs I
start.  I installed it with the method on the website, and also installed the
Wine Microsoft Compatibility Layer, on the Add/Remove program of Ubuntu. All
work fines, except there is terrible lags each time I start a program. I want
to start Notepad, installed by default, all work fine, but before, I have to
wait 1 minute before he open up. Also, the mouse lag every 1-2 seconds, so
it's impossible to work during that time.

Does there is a solution?
Sorry for my English!

Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala, Official Release, In French Canada

What version of Wine are you running. To find out simply open a terminal application and type:

wine --version

I am running wine 1.1.19 on Kubuntu 9.10 and do not experience the problems you describe. The Windows applications I use by means of Wine are Pegasus Mail, e-Sword, and NoteTab. I have also used NotePad which is built into the Wine file system. Each of the purely Windows applications has a small glitch but all of them are eminently usable. I could not say that if I experienced the lag times you describe and I doubt that your problem is related to your computer hardware as you would not single out Wine if the hardware were simply too slow.

--
Jim